Saturday, January 7, 2012

Beautiful January day

Spent the day working on bundling corkscrew willow that I trimmed from a large tree in Fishers. I filled my van 3 times with the cuttings. The largest will be used to mount birdhouses on, the medium sized pieces will become trim for tables and lamps. The bundles of the fine ends will be sold as decorative accents for vases.
Lots of people came to the shop today. The warmer weather seems to bring people out. Yesterday the Mannings came to the shop after reading this blog. That was very flattering.
I was forced to stop my bundling after I ran out of twine. I will continue with cutting 4 or 5 more in the next few weeks. It seems impossible, but it will not be long until the pussy willows emerge in the first few weeks in march. This is always an intense time in which I will cut an enormous amount of pussy willows which will go to Pam Parker's cut flower booth at the Indiana Flower and Patio show. She sells an incredible number of bunches to people who are eager to have a little taste of spring. Pam also will sell a goodly number of corkscrew willow bunches.
It felt good to feel the sun on my face while I was high up in the tree on a ladder, and later when I was able to sit in the sun in a rocker on the stoop at the shop. It was so warm, I saw a fly!

No comments: