Friday, August 23, 2013

White birch reprieve

On Monday of this last week I traveled to a spot in Anderson that I was alerted to by my buddy Paul Van Duyn to pick up a load of white birch that he had spotted earlier. I contacted the homeowner and got their approval to pick up the wood, which they gave me. When I got there,it was all gone and I chalked it up to not moving quickly enough. A few days later, I was contacted by Paul Van Duyn, who revealed that he had picked it up and had it in his trailer and was available to deliver it to me. MIRACULOUS!

Yesterday Paul and his boys Jordan and Jeff brought a large heavy load to my shop and unloaded it, and came again today with another big load.

It seemed like a small price to pay to take these lumberjacks to breakfast. They are the best. Paul makes lovely glass bird feeders and lanterns.Paul and I have been neighbors at several shows and he is one of the best people I know,

No comments: