Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Houston Brick fall Bazaar

Although I will be at the Bear's Mill Fall Open house October 4-5,2014, I will also take a selection of my handmade Rustic Willow furniture to the Houston Brick in Lewisville, Indiana as I have for over ten years. My friends Tom and Sue Saunders head up three events a year at the restored 1845 National Road hotel. Handmade goods affordably priced are gathered and offered for sale Friday evening October 3, and Saturday and Sunday October 4-5.

Local crafters fill the community center with their best work. It is a lovely setting in the sleepy little town of Lewisville. Items are effectively displayed and visitors often comment upon the ambiance of this wonderful building. There are precious few of these buildings left and a trip down US 40, which is a totally different experience from Interstate travel takes the traveler back to the early days of our country. It is well worth the stress free drive.



No comments: