Sunday, October 16, 2016

Walnut table delivered

Recently I delivered my latest walnut table to a family who hired me to build it from boards cut from a hundred twenty year old walnut tree that was cut down on their property.
With the help of several burly guys we got the top out of my van, through the door and onto the base. The finish makes the already beautiful wood glow like a jewel. It is very gratifying to complete such a project. The family is very happy with the final result. I really enjoyed the challenge of turning a tree into a piece of fine furniture. I particularly enjoyed the interaction with the family as we settled upon a design and moved toward completion. It looks really good in their home.
I have had several other people who saw this table in my shop order an identical table. With the help of my wood savvy friend John Bundy, I was able to purchase some suitable walnut lumber from a family owned sawmill in northern Indiana.

No comments: