Thursday, December 29, 2011

After Christmas

Today John Bundy and I received a pallet full of some of our best pieces that had been left for a year with a gallery in Minnesota. No sales at all in a resort area that should have been good. Oh well. John and I agree that the art market is extremely difficult this year.
Sales over all have been ok, because we both have a loyal following.
Show will continue to be very iffy and it would be a big risk to speculate on doing shows that do not have a good record of success.
I will do the Indiana Artisan Marketplace, where I had the good fortune to be judged as Best in Show last year. I will also do Orchard in Bloom, and Talbot street.
My overstock is building up, and I am seeking new consignment galleries, but they are even more affected by the economy.

No comments: