Friday, December 2, 2011

Morse lake eagle

Yesterday as I cruised by Morse lake beach, I saw the unmistakeable shape of a bald eagle flying above the beach. He lit in a large cottonwood tree and I slowly approached in my van. He did not take off as I got out and slowly approached. I managed to get a good shot with my camera before he did take off. I had seen another eagle, ( or this one) the day before. There were still lots of horned grebes, and Ruddy ducks but only a couple of loons.
I stoped again on my way home, but no eagle. There was a guy with a long lens at the beach area taking photos and I recognized from his vw van that he had been there a couple of times before. It is good to see that other birders are out there.
I also have been fascinated by the tenacity of the frisbee golfers at the adjacent frisbee course throughout the cold nasty weather of the last few weeks. I guess they may think we birders are weird.

1 comment:

Geoff Davis said...

The guy in the VW Van with the long lens is my buddy, Ernie Mills. I traveled through New England with him last year. I put him onto the birds that you turned me onto and he's been shooting every sunset and sunrise since. Say hello to him next time you see him.

Until recently he was the afternoon DJ on Hank FM. He is now really pushing his photograqphy and now making chocolate pies.

You can see his work at http://erniemillsphotography.com or http://www.yettiworks.com/