Thursday, January 5, 2012

January cold snap

The cold snap has me feeding my fire at the shop and staying close to it. I have seen lots of horned larks, who seem to love the cold and the wind. There always is a kingfisher at Pilgrim road bridge on Stony Creek. Also lots of bluebirds on Cyntheanne road, white throated and white crowned sparrows at Lafayette Trace park. A few mallards and lots of geese on the sheltered bays of Morse.

I was flattered to be interviewed by Jason Pear of the Indiana university PBS station WTIU on Tuesday. The interview was filmed and the guys were game enough to accompany me to a willow patch to film me cutting willows on a cold and windy day. Thanks Jason and Jacob. The segment will air on The Weekly Special Thursday January 12 at 8 pm, Friday January 13 at 6 pm.
I just finished a birchbark hutch for my buddy Brad McQueen that he will be taking to a large show in Las Vegas in a few weeks.It is always a pleasure to contribute my bit to his wonderful furniture.

No comments: