Google+ Badge

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Warm days on Main street

The wonderful spring weather and the close of the intensity of the pussywillow season lured me to Summit lake to do a little fishing, but no bites.
I was able to reconfigure my display area and I am ready to greet customers who wander in or have planned to come due to information they have received at shows. I am getting ready for Indiana Artisan Marketplace, Orchard in Bloom, and Talbot street.
I was able to restock Gallery 116 in Fishers after stalling them for a long time.
I just got word from my friend Brad McQueen of Hickory Furniture Designs in Anderson, that he has confirmed a contract for 58 large mirrors that will go to a hotel in Idaho. I will do the birchbark and trim work on them. This will be a large undertaking.
Iwas able totake a walk at one of my favorite places, Geist park on Florida road just outside Fortville. The park have a nice little path along Fall creek. Igot the closest look I have ever had of a bufflehead. This park is a good place for spring warblers as the Fall Creek corridor is continuously wooded from Indy to Pendleton. I remember boyhood days fishing and hunting mushrooms there with my dad in the Fifties, before any development of Geist. I remember seeing great numbers of frogs, turtles and snakes.
Post a Comment