Monday, May 14, 2012

McCordsville mercantile

Went over to see my friends at McCordsville mercantile and check my inventory of handmade rustic willow furniture I have on display there. I stopped on the way at Luxhaven, a boyhood haunt of mine. I walked the shore trail, which includes a pier that goes out into a marsh and saw where a pair of swans were nesting. Mom was sleeping on the nest, dad was feeding. Several groups of newly-hatched wood duck babies were following their mother, and the swan would run then all off. The sounds of orioles, northern Parulas and great crested flycatchers were everywhere. There is nothing a sweet as the loud,clear sweet song of the orioles. I found one dead on the road near the river across from Forest park, an obvious car strike. There were numerous people fishing for catfish, but no one was catching anything. Finished up some birchbark picture frames by putting hanger wire on the back. I have several large frames for my fellow Artist on the Square painter, Julie Cranfill. She does striking paintings of white birch trees that look spectacular in my white birchbark frames. She will have a one man show at the Civic theatre in Muncie Saturday june 3.

No comments: