Thursday, May 10, 2012

Fort Wayne museum of Art

At the recent Indiana Artisan Marketplace, I was visited by representatives from the Fort Wayne Museum of Art Paradigm Gallery. The manager, Abby seemed to like my handmade rustic willow furniture and later she visited my shop and picked out 48 items to put on display at their gallery, which is within the museum. Items are for sale there. I delivered these items, which include willow chairs,trellises, tables and lots and lots of birdhouses. These will all be displayed for sale beginning this evening from 5-7:30 at their monthly event, second Thursday. I will be there demonstrating constructing and trimming willow and white birchbark picture frames. The work of many other Indiana artists are also on display and for sale, notably an impressive array of wood turnings . The Paradigm Gallery is a large open and airy store within the museum and features an open bar during the opening. I am very flattered and excited about this event and I thank Abby for her good taste and industriousness.

No comments: