Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Gaither Fall festival

Getting ready to set up at the Gaither Complex in Alexandria tomorrow. John Bundy and I will combine efforts to exhibit our wares there. I will have my handmade rustic bentwood willow furniture on display and I will do a continuous demonstration of trellis making. John will exhibit his wonderful hand carved duck decoys and we will also have a selection of the tables with John's exquisite tiger maple tops with my rustic table bases. These are very unusual and we are quite proud of them. Hours for the show are 12-6 Friday October fifth and 9-6 Saturday October sixth. Come out and see us and tour the Gaither's wonderful store. There will be free entertainment and wonderful food. This has been a good week for sales and I have also been able to do some warbler watching at Lafayette Trace park. I have seen Tenessee warblers, yellow rumps, yellow throats and rose rested grosbeaks. I saw a few cormorants in Morse lake at the Cicero bridge today. They always look to me like birds from Middle earth. The weather has not been warm enough to go wading and I fear that the season may be over. I hope for one more time before it gets too cold. I will also set up one of my arbors for a wedding near Wanamaker tomorrow. It is for a Jewish wedding and I learned that the term huppa corresponds to arbor and symbolizes the first home for a jewish couple. It is always interesting to become involved in different cultures and to learn about their customs.

No comments: