Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Arts depot Union City

Took a load of my handmade rustic willow furniture to the Arts depot in Union City, Indiana. Local arts volunteers have rehabbed the old train Depot in Union City. The trains still go by but they no longer stop. The building Is a wonderful example of what was built a hundred years ago when America was the envy of the world. The Depot has extended hours through the holiday season where buyers can purchase local art. I participated last year and am doing so again this year. It was a lovely day to take a drive down highway 36, one of my favorite drives and passed the old barns and wide-open spaces of Eastern Indiana. One of the volunteers, a local artist Lynn checked my stuff in. She was very professional and gracious and I hope their sale is successful. Swung by Summit lake and saw nine swans, a couple of pairs of buffleheads, a few shovellers, and some green wing teal and a single loon. Tons of coots are still around.

No comments: