Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Indie Vintage marketplace

John Bundy and I will exhibit our stuff at the Indie Vintage Marketplace, 502 East Carmel Drive in Carmel this coming Saturday 9-4. The show is derived from the parking lot shows this summer at Glendale which were very successful despite the hot weather conditions. We will be offering some of our handmade rustic furniture and hand carved duck decoys, but we will also bring some of our antique and unusual items that might be of interest to the Indie Vintage customers. Today I allowed the spirit of the rock bass I caught at Sixmile creek in Hancock county next to my late uncle Joe's cabin to enter my body. I had put them in the freezer right after I caught and cleaned them and in an effort to get ready for Thanksgiving, I removed them from the freezer and cooked them over a hickory fire on my grill at the shop on this lovely day. I would have felt bad if they had gone to waste, but they were delicious with a little salt and pepper and butter. Bony, but worth the effort. This morning was very foggy, but I was able to scare up a male and female Cooper's hawk at Lafayette Trace park and was able to bet some good photos of the female. She was calling to her mate due I think to the fog.

No comments: