Thursday, February 14, 2013

Sandhills on Main Street

Saw a flight of fifty Sandhills that flew right over my shop while I was outside bundling curly willow. Of course, I did not have my camera at the ready. My buddy Paul Van Duyn stopped by today and he has seen some buzzards. I am pretty sure I saw a couple of redwings, but I was going fast and did not hear them. Their posturing at the tip top of small trees is distinctive. Coming home on 206 th street at the White river, I saw four large birds circling, and thought they might be buzzards, but I got out my binoculars and they were red tails. I have rarely seen that many. They are probably in migration. Despite a cold, raw windy day, Spring is near. I finished loading the last of my seventh curly willow this morning, but I have yet to finish bundling.

No comments: