Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Indiana Artisan Marketplace/ Spring Ruckus

Although the wonderful sudden break in the weather seemed to keep some people away, the Marketplace was a success. Saw lots of old friends and made some new ones. Made lots of contacts and garnered second place in the judging for Best of Show. In the three years of the Marketplace, I have won Best of Show once and came in second twice. Since each year has been judged by different juries, that has been a great confidence booster and a reward for my hard work. It is so flattering even to be exhibiting with such a great group of artists. Here is a photo of my booth at the event:



I was especially flattered by an opportunity to work with Decorator Chip Kalleen, who created a dining room and bath room setting using my work. The crowd seemed to respond favorably to this innovative idea. Here are some photos:



Another consequence of the show is that I feel like I have been beaten with a baseball bat. Loading, unloading, unloading and loading, with all the walking and hauling takes a toll on an old man, but I am happy that I am able to do it.

I will take my handmade rustic willow furniture to the Plainfield Library for their weekend Gala tomorrow. It runs Friday night and Saturday.

Taking the trailer back that I borrowed from Kevin Huff, I learned he will be having a weekend event at his business, NURPU, which sells camping, Kyaking and mountaineering equipment.The sixth annual Spring Ruckus will feature music, related vendors. I will attend, but probably just for the fun fellowship and beer. His place is on highway 38 at the intersection with Mystic road, just east of Noblesville at the Log Home Center run by his father, Bill Huff. On a side note, my nephew's band Rivetshack will be playing at noon on Sunday, April 14th at the Nurpu Spring Ruckus. Come and check it out!

No comments: