Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Indiana Spring

Went down to Plainfield today, to retrieve my unsold items from the Plainfield library. I was pleasantly surprised to find that I had sold several items. It looks like this inaugural event will become a really good venue for art. There were a number of highly regarded artists showing their art. At any rate, I have made a new friend, a friend of the arts, Laura Appleby.

Driving down and back I was able to go on some roads I have never been on and could see Spring occurring all around. It never ceases to amaze me how sudden spring can be. The contrast of the dead grey land turning to the green gold of spring is something that never fails to bring about a rebirth of Wonder.

Spiffing up the shop and delivering some spring items to Rosie's garden center in Carmel. It is such a joy to find people like Mary Beth Hughes who value and are able to sell my stuff. My wife was very moved by the flat of flowers she gave us as a bonus.

The swallows are back, chipping sparrows have replaced the juncos and shorebirds are noticeable in the flooded fields. Lesser yellowlegs, pectorals, and solitary sandpipers are evident in the standing water. Loons have been seen regularly on Morse.

No comments: