Monday, June 17, 2013

Open house

I will celebrate my 30th year as a craftsperson with my nineteenth annual open house July 12-13-14 from 9-9 daily. I moved my shop to Lapel from Muncie in 1994, and my open house has been held during the same weekend as the Lapel Village Fair.

During the fair, Main street is closed off and has nearly a half mile of booths, ranging from wonderful food to a car show. There is a parade at 3:30 on Saturday. There will be dozens of garage and barn sales in the area.

My buddy Joe Green is a skilled craftsman and will exhibit his wonderful hand sewn leather bags as well as his hand carved walking sticks. Joe is old school like me and put an enormous amount of time and effort into his stuff.

Another buddy,Geoff Davis from 50 little birds, will also be present showing his hand carved birds and maybe some of his more exotic work.
Another buddy, Bruce Neckar will also be present after wrapping up his booth at the farmers market in Noblesville.

The festival has a small town old time vibe and will also feature the Regional Finals for the best misspelled Tattoo. Last year's winner was ANGLE ( should have been ANGEL).



No comments: