Friday, June 14, 2013

Talbot street wrap up

This year's Talbot street art fair, the 58 th, was blessed with lovely summer weather. I talked to artist from California and from Connecticut. Saw lots of old friends and former customers. My spot is probably the best one there in front of the most beautiful victorian homes on the street. I have been so fortunate to have this same wonderful spot where people can easily find me for several years. The show looked the best it ever has and people reported that they were doing better than in past years. At any rate, art remains a tough sell in Indiana. I sold only two pieces of furniture and driftwood and curly willow and trelises saved the day.

The next event will be my nineteenth annual open house during the Lapel Village fair, July 12-13-14. This festival has been going on since before I came to Lapel and while the craft booths are not on the same level as Talbot street, the fair has a small town old time feel. The volunteers wool hard to make the show successful. Food is always good, the Lions club guys doing corn on the cob that is to die for and wallie sandwiched. Last year the drought and the heat had an adverse effect, but people still come. My buddy Joe Green will be on hand to carve some walking sticks and sew some leather bags. My friend Geoff Davis is going to show up with some of his bird carvings.

The fair will also feature the regional finals for the best misspelled tattoo. Come byThere will be lots of garage sales all around town as well as a very nice parade at 3:30 Saturday.

No comments: