Monday, November 25, 2013

Summit lake

Went to Lewisville to pickup my unsold stuff, almost everything. I slid by the sawmill at Knightstown, nothing in their pile as it has been for months. Went by Summit Lake and saw a small band of Sandhills just east of New Castle near Dublin Pike. There were three foraging in a cornfield. They stood still for a while and I got a photo. Missed one when they spooked and flew.
There were lots of ducks at Summit lake. I can not remember seeing so many hooded mergansers. The day was exceptionally dim, but I was able to identify buffleheads, goldeneyes, gadwalls and shovelers.There were all kinds of ducks holding along the southern shore, but the light was so dim I could not tell what they were. Lots of mallards and geese.
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgujl2jimTkXMA9KzcqfLwIL3CISpbHexfagI-kwIv3XKFaJj_mwEd6odC5LgWc9cP7ZfY4_FKzdSEb71H5oBNH_SEVPNYulTSyukxTARN8vjZ23IWbsIrB6n-9H7dUHjNf789ahLyOQdec/s1600/greg.png

No comments: