Saturday, January 11, 2014

Eleventh Indiana Art Fair at the State Museum February 14-15 2014

It will be just a short time until the Indiana Art Fair at the Indiana State Museum. The preview is February 14,5:30-8 pm; the actual show will be February 15 2014, 10-5. I did this show the first and second years, but became frustrated by the lack of promotion.I am returning for this years event and hope there will be decent attendance. The show itself usually has a terrific selection of Indiana art and the museum is great. The preview is one of the most fun events I have ever attended. The priority is featuring Indiana arts, foods and drinks.

Many people have told me they have never heard of this show. It is very worthwhile. Admission is the regular Museum admission price. The weather is usually awful, (February). the show is a bit cramped in the space they have, but it is a lovely space, very well naturally lighted.

Even though I do not expect great sales, it is always great to exhibit my handmade rustic willow furniture among such quality artists and artisans and in such a prestigious venue. I believe the show would be even better with a little more promotion. I do think that this is the initial show of the 2014 season, and has matured into the status of one of the quality shows in Indianapolis. There are certainly no others at this time of year. It does have the advantage of being very uncrowded, in a very nice venue that offers wonderful displays of items relevant to Indiana.

My buddy John Bundy, famous for his duck decoys will also be there and he will also be displaying some of the tables we have collaborated in making, me doing the bases and John doing the tops. There will be a number of other friends who will be displaying their arts. Please check the Indiana State Museum facebook page for photos from past years. There may be some updates there that show what might be available this year. the museum website lacks any information about this year's show, but may be updated. The photos from the past shows on the Facebook page show work from previous years, but does not identify the artists. I have requested a listing of the artists exhibiting at this years show and may receive it and I will advise readers when and if this happens.

No comments: