Friday, September 4, 2015

Fox 59 in Lapel/ Arts Depot Union City

Tuesday morning the folks at Fox 59 will be in Lapel, as we will be the featured community in Fox's series on small towns surrounding Indy. They will be filming for broadcast Friday Morning September 11. I have been advised my shop will be included. It is nice that they are spotlighting local small businesses as it really helps boost awareness of local ventures.

I will be setting up my handmade rustic willow furniture at the Arts Depot in Union City joining a selection of other local artists for the second Union City Arts festival which will include a performance by Rock icon Rick Derringer, a hometown hero. Rick is famous for "Hang on Sloopy" a late sixties top hit. He is also well known as a producer and wingman for Johnny and Edgar Winter. The festival begins Friday September 11 and Saturday September 12.

Although I do not expect great sales, I love to support such a great group and the restored historic Arts Depot is well worth seeing and supporting. I have participated in the Christmas bazaar there for several years and I love Eastern Indiana. If my luck is good I may be able to entice Mr. Derringer into my booth.

No comments: