Thursday, April 21, 2016

Dining room table

Last summer, I embarked upon a path to create a dining room table from some walnut boards cut from a tree that grew on the Franklin's ancestral Wayne county farm. When I was contacted to initiate the construction of a nine foot long table, I was somewhat anxious about my ability to accomplish such a project, but it turned out to be very successful, and led to the construction of some additional benches and stools from a maplevtree that grew alongside the walnut tree.

I recently delivered eight stools to the family who had faith in my ability to complete this large order. I was shown the area where the trees had grown, perhaps for 150 years, and I was proud to play a part in preserving the memory of these historic trees into future generations.

I am hoping to complete more of these highly challenging projects.

No comments: