Wednesday, December 21, 2016

End of the year

The solstice always makes me think of the past year and the year to come. This pastyear has seen challenging projects that have moved me out of my comfort zone and they have been very successful.
I now have a trapezoidal walnut dining table for sale on display in my shop that I never would have dreamed of attempting.
In a month, I will be featured in a highly regarded National series Handcrafted America on January 20th at 9:30 pm. It remains to be seen if this will have an effect upon my commercial success.
Winter slows the number of visitors to my shop and I have been concentrating on using up some of the materials I have on hand to turn raw wood into finished works. I am right now working on small picture frames to use up plywood and birchbark.
I have been staying close to the fire these last few cold days.
I have completed a group of small spalted maple and walnut boxes from wood left over from a a harvest table I completed last year. I just finished a coffee table from wood left over from my first trapezoidal table that will be delivered before Christmas.


No comments: