Saturday, November 19, 2011

November news

Went to Union City, Indiana on Friday to deliver my work to be exhibited in the art depot there. This restored train depot is so impressive,20 foot ceilings, car siding, oak woodwork, a wonderful restoration of a treasure that has been lost in so many other communities.
Randolph county arts headquarters has a monthlong showing of local art and is especially supportive of Indiana artisans. Geoff Davis will be taking his carvings there as well. Other artists such as Carol Strock-Wasson are also represented.
Although I am a rambler of the roads of Indiana, I can't remember being in Union City. It was nice to be on some roads I have never been on.
I also went to drop my stuff at the Houston Brick building in Lewisville. It was great to see my friends Sue and Tom Saunders. I have participated for ten years or so in their bazaars. Sales are never great, but this is an Indiana Landmark along US 40/ national road.There is alway a wonderful and extremely economic selection of local art and craft. I am always glad to be part of supporting this wonderful endeavor.
Today I took part in the A Simpler Thyme primitive antique and folk art show at the fairgrounds in Noblesville. I talked to several people that I have seen at other shows and was able to to get out the word on my shop and make some sales while I made some stars.


The coming weeks before chief as will find me sitting close to my wood stove wiring for shoppers in the comfort of my shop before this year whimpers out.Thnks to l of you who have mde this yer good one despite the economic difficulties.

No comments: