Sunday, November 6, 2011

On the road

This weekend Geoff Davis and I went to Troy,Ohio to show at a primitives show there.Although the show was unproductive, Geoff and I managed to hit some secondary targets in doing some birding at Summit lake and Province pond in Henry county. Both are old haunts of mine and Geoff appreciated the side trips. Both are just off highway 36, one of my favorite drives and I learned also one of his. He used to drive it regularly on the way to his alma mater in Delaware, Ohio.(we both are kindred spirits in our aversion to interstate highways. We did't see a lot,but we were able to see probably the same 3 loons I had seen the previous week. Summit lake is unique in that you are able to use your car as a blind at several vantage points.
Summit is usually more productive after an Alberta clipper comes through.
Even so, we had a good time and it was great to share our enthusiasm with each other.
We also got to go to some old time eateries (also a shared enthusiasm!)(see Geoffs blog for photos)

Sunday Geoff and I fulfilled our commitment to Indiana Artisans and attended a publicity meet and greet deal at the Minnetrista center in Muncie. I was able to catch up with some old friends, notably Alan Patrick, who I have known since the sixties and who was the first person I knew who became a full time artist and perhaps the premier painter in Indiana.

No comments: