Thursday, March 29, 2012

Getting ready to haul my stuff to the fairgrounds one more time. Looking forward to see old friends at the Indiana Artisan Market, the classiest show I do. Sales this spring have reflected the economy not only for me, but for almost all the artists and crafters I know.
Higher priced items are not selling and "bread and butter" items have become a necessity to break even at shows. I cannot imagine artists risking doing shows in other states, with travel and gas costs, lodging and show fees. Breaking even merely means throwing a whole bunch of money and work down the drain for nothing.
It seems to make more sense for local artists to band together to try to support each other in local, artist run shows like the Indiana Market Place and Kentucky crafted.
These show emphasize the local talent available in every area.
So come out and support our local artists!

No comments: