Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Judge Stone house/ Nickel Plate arts

Paige and Aili from Nickel Plate arts visited my shop yesterday and picked out some of my handmade rustic willow furniture to display and offer for sale at the newly refurbished Judge Stone House during the holiday season starting December 7 though January 31. After making their selections, I guided them to John Bundy's shop on Strawtown pike and they selected a grouping of John's famous ducks. They also selected a couple of tables that John and I have collaborated to build. John does the highly finished tiger maple top and I build the base. Following their visit, they made their way west down Strawtown pike to Diane and Matt's Garrison's Strawtown Pottery. My friends and fellow artists Bruce Neckar and John Reynolds have a studio upstairs at the Judge Stone house and another cutting edge Polaroid photographer Cassandra Medly also is in residence there. The Nickle Plate arts organization has their headquarters there and next door is a large Victorian Building whose renovation is nearly complete. The complex is intended to offer classes instructed by local artists and anchor local art events. I am very encouraged by the fact that Paige and Ali took the time to visit us and are now able to talk firsthand about our work and our studios and send people our way.

No comments: