Thursday, December 13, 2012

Curly willow kick off

After staying up too late watching the 12-12-12 concert last night, after drinking a pot of my wife's lovely coffee watching the latest episode of MANKIND, I stopped by Gallery 116 and dropped off some new birdhouses and then proceeded to a home nearby to trim a curly willow I first cut last year. The Hobsons have been so kind to let me trim their curly willow which had started to take over their backyard. Last year I cut large eight inch thick limbs. This year, there were innumerable smaller limbs that are perfect for what I need. Worked up a little sweat loading them in the van. It was very nice to be high up in the tree on a ladder as a flight of geese swooped just over my head. The sun was shining and I was able to shake the recent torpor from these old bones. It was nice to see TJ Banes article about local Main street art which mentioned my willow frames that are on display at Gallery on the Square in Danville. Also nice to get a check from them today.

No comments: