Friday, November 22, 2013

Houston Brick Christmas bazaar Lewisville

It is always a pleasure to ride over to Lewisville to the Houston Brick. It is an 1845 brick tavern/ hotel that has stood along The National road/US 40 for 168 years. It was restored by a local group and now serves as the administrative offices for the town's utility office and a venue for several yearly bazaars. There are local artisans exhibiting handmade wares. I have been showing my handmade rustic willow furniture there for almost 15 years. I have come to know Sue and Tom Saunders and Mary Ann very well. They are some of the sweetest people I know.

Although sales are never terrific, I always enjoy being part of the long train of history to pass down this Historic road and through the doors of this historic building.

The event will begin with preview Friday night, and will continue Saturday 10-5 and Sunday 11-4. I encourage you to visit and enjoy the holiday ambiance of this lovely building and town. It is also just a short run to Centerville and Knightstown to visit the numerous shops there.

No comments: